For 1 week the family and I headed the Croatian beaches in Dubrovnik for 7 days of serious relaxation. We slathered ourselves in factor 50 (and still got burnt #eyeroll), ready to explore the sights of old town, the nearby islands and tasted the delicious wines of the area.
Our Dubrovnik recommendations:
- Skar Winery – family run winery on the edge of the harbour. D E L I C I O U S.
- Lopud – we travelled to this island on a tour. Definately would reccomend the beach on the far side of the island for a clear water dip in the sea.
- Cable Car – A journey not for the faint hearted, but this view is worth it. On the top of the hill there is a museum dedicated to the homeland war, and for someone who didn’t know much about the city this was a good introduction to the heartbreaking recent history of Croatia.
- Walk the Dubrovnik Wall – It’s a trek and it’s hot, but there’s no denying there’s a better way to get to know the town than this.
- Explore the Old Town – the setting for Game of Thrones and Star Wars means that the town is riddled with souvenir shops, but if you can look past that there are loads of little eateries and squares filled with jazz bars to look for.
- Peppers Eatery – Slightly off the beaten track, but this restaurant is just what we needed after a day of exploring/spending the day moving from sun to the shade on the loungers.